The Gordon's Scholars' Programme aids students in developing their academic ability beyond the classroom. The programme is founded upon academic progression within the school and this, of course, forms the basis for success. Having said this, true greatness within academia is much more than this and goes well beyond the standard curriculum. There are three strands:
• Looking up –Activities designed to develop students academically eg via departments and Period 7 academic activities such as Latin.
• Looking out –Activities of a competitive nature inside and outside school designed to develop skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking and communication.
• Looking forward –Activities designed to enable students to plan and prepare for a high-achieving future and to gain the required experience eg attending insight talks.
We aim to deliver these opportunities and to direct our students along a unique, bespoke pathway, encouraging them to move from being simply good towards truly great. In support of this initiative, students will receive regular information about upcoming events both within Departments and across the wider school which are designed to extend students’ learning and stretch their intellectual understanding.
For more information on our Scholars' Programme please contact Mr P Schofield email@example.com who leads our programme.
we also recognise that all our students deserve the very best opportunities in order to excel in their lives and to reach their full academic potential.
High academic expectations are a hallmark of Gordon’s but we believe in more than just good examination results, students should become increasingly engaged in learning and the world around them. With this in mind most Period 7 and subject-based opportunities are available for all students to extend their learning and go beyond what is expected. See our co-curricular section for more details.
OTHER Academic Enriching Period Seven options include:
- Extended Project (EPQ) – see curriculum section
- Career-Industry Talks
- Presentation skills
- Award in Personal Finance, two-day course (by application, free to all Y12)
- TEFL Level 2 Qualification, two-day course (by application, free to all Y12)
- LAMDA lessons (by application, free to all Y12)
- Psychology for Beginners
- Science Club