Careers and Work Related Learning
Students at Gordon’s School can expect a wide variety of activities to enhance their Careers and Work Related Education. There are fortnightly careers talks, appointments with our Careers Adviser - Mark Anderson, CV workshops, careers fairs and many other activities. Careers education starts in Y7, and continues until students leave us in Y13. Y10 and Y12 also have the opportunity to complete work experience in the last week of the Summer Term. We are always looking for innovative ways to improve our careers programme, so if you feel you are able to help, please get in touch.
Investor in Careers Award
The aim of the careers service at Gordon’s is to guide students towards a career that will inspire them. In order to be sure that we are offering outstanding Careers Education Information and Guidance we are in the process of being assessed for the Investors in Careers award. By putting ourselves forward for this award, we will be independently assessed and benchmarked against best practice in this area.
We passed Stage 1 and Stage 2 in 2013-2014, and had our final assessment for Stage 3 of the award in the Summer Term 2015.
For more information about this award, please visit: http://www.investorincareers.org.uk/
Student Entitlement Statement (written by Gordon’s Students)
At Gordon’s you can expect to have:
- Access to information and time to research careers during school
- Talks from people who are in the profession you want to go into
- Useful work experience (including experience in the industry you would want to be in)
- Tests to see what job would suit you best
- No pressure to decide what you want to do
- Information on the job you want to do – hours, salaries, qualifications and skills
Careers Fair 2017
If you would like to be involved with the careers programme at Gordon’s or know someone at your workplace who could be of any assistance please contact: