Aims and ethos
More than the best possible examination results, a thorough preparation for life.
Our aim is to develop world class, world citizens: students with the confidence, character and capabilities to become the best they can be. To help and inspire all students to discover and develop their talents and interests to the highest standard possible and go on to lead fulfilled lives, enjoy healthy lifestyles and make a positive contribution to the lives of others. Such students lead happier lives.
- in modern ideas alongside traditional values;
- in a broad and balanced curriculum that promotes an academic and active life where students are immersed in a diverse range of activities and develop the knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours necessary for success;
- in Gordon’s principally as a centre for teaching and learning based on high standards and expectations, where students of all abilities learn, students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching;
- in a House system and a disciplined environment without shortcuts as the best way to guarantee outstanding pastoral and academic care;
- that high performance without good character is not true success at all.
5 Year Vision Statement
Our long-term vision is a family of Gordon Foundation schools where as many students as possible, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, benefit from a Gordon’s education. An education recognised as amongst the finest in the world for the calibre of young people we develop, the progress they make and the difference they make to the lives of others.
Key Theme 1: Promoting Scholarship
Key Theme 2: Embracing Character Education
Key Theme 3: Site development and commitment to boarding and extra-curricular life
Key Theme 4: Synergy and development of staff
Key Theme 5: Wider involvement and partnerships
Please click below to view:
Strategic Development Plan Update 2017