Great organisations are populated by great people. We seek to recruit, train, motivate and retain talented people with, most importantly, the positive can-do attitude and a growth mind-set. Such people are most likely to perform well, conduct themselves well and strive to continuously improve.
In 2016, the percentage of students achieving five or more GCSE grades A* to C, including Maths and English, was 97%, which ranks Gordon’s in the top three non-selective schools in England. The A*-C pass rate at A Level was 94%, with 81% of the grades A* to B.
Gordon’s size ensures that every student is well known and nurtured as an individual. The School has a very strong emphasis on academic standards, self-discipline and traditional values and aims to be much more than just outstanding examination results, providing abundant opportunities outside the classroom and exceptional pastoral care.
Gordon’s is a State Boarding and Day School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening.
“Gordon’s is an outstanding school in every respect.”
Gordon’s is a hard-working, vibrant, friendly and unique place to work and we hope you will want to join us. The School offers an attractive range of benefits, outlined below:
- The School offers the Teachers' Pension Scheme for teaching staff and membership of an appropriate pension scheme for non-teaching staff
- Enhanced salary structure
- Complimentary lunches, evening meal, tea, coffee and fruit
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- 45 acre site with superb facilities
- Staff Social Committee
- Learning and development opportunities, including financial support for postgraduate study
- 16 weeks holiday for teaching staff
- Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking on site
- Library facilities open to all
- Use of 20-metre swimming pool and fitness centre at specified times
- Subject to availability the School offers temporary accommodation to aid relocation.
TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES:
Currently no vacancies.
SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES:
We have a number of roles within the Catering Department, hours are negotiable and can include weekdays and/or weekends.
- Please click here for the Commis Chef job description
- Please click here for the Catering Assistant job description
- Download an application for these positions
- Read our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy