Years 12 & 13
During terms 1 and 2 of Year 12, students are briefed on the requirements for Oxbridge and Medicine and discussion sessions begin around extra reading. Visiting speakers form an important part of the programme and students are encouraged to attend the Oxford Study Days in March and the Cambridge Open Day in July. Application for the Eton Summer School is also encouraged. Heads of Department play an important role in identifying and supporting the potential candidates academically.
From June of Year 12, students are given support and guidance with their personal statements and help completing the UCAS form to meet the early deadline of 15th October. A rigorous schedule of practice interviews, with a variety of interviewers both from Gordon’s and from outside, ensures candidates are well prepared for this part of the process. Recently we have linked up with schools such as Wellington to broaden interview provision.
Gordon’s School offers Sixth Form students a comprehensive careers programme to prepare for Post 18 – progression.
- Fortnightly Industry speakers; guest speakers from a range of professions such as barristers, Architects, Occupational Psychologists to name just a few provide insight into their professions and their journey towards it,
- Psychometric testing – offers a valuable insight into students’ aptitude for various career paths by producing a targeted profile of individuals skills
- 1 to 1 meeting with our dedicated careers advisor,
- CV writing workshop led by a recruitment specialist
- A series of three HE evening presentations to parents and students with visiting University and Apprenticeships speakers
- Personal statement writing day
- Insight tal: a lecture programme to stimulate intellectual curiosity and offer insight into a range of topics, led to high profile and prominent speakers whom are experts in their fields. One of our next guests are Jeremy Paxman.
Russell Group Universities
Please click here for more information.
For more information and to apply, visit www.thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance
We provide extensive guidance and support to students making higher education choices including: visits to conventions, taster lectures, and tutor assistance with UCAS application forms.
Mock interviews are organised to prepare students for university entrance interviews.
Medic and Oxbridge support is embedded into the programme by Mrs Wright.