Aims & ethos
Our primary aim is to develop in all our students the confidence, character and capabilities to become the best they can be. To help and inspire all students to discover and develop their talents and interests to the highest standard possible and go on to lead fulfilled lives, enjoy healthy lifestyles and make a positive contribution to the lives of others. Such students lead happier lives.
We believe in a broad and balanced curriculum that promotes an academic and active life where students are immersed in a diverse range of activities; in quality first teaching where students of all abilities have access to the very best teaching and resources to develop the knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours necessary for success; in a disciplined environment without shortcuts that encourages students to aim high and strive; in a house system as the best way to guarantee outstanding pastoral and academic care, to build a strong community and lasting friendships. Finally, and crucially, we believe that high performance without good character is not true success at all.
We strive for every Gordon’s student to...
- Benefit from being a member of a school that puts them first;
- Be taught well in departments which are exceptionally well-led and organised;
- Be courteous, diligent, enthusiastic, resilient and have integrity;
- Be globally aware, confident and prepared for life in an international environment;
- Be highly literate: socially, morally, spiritually, culturally, emotionally, intellectually, technologically and lead a healthy lifestyle;
- Be an excellent learner, dedicated to their studies;
- Consistently out-perform and contribute more than students from similar schools.
5 Year Vision Statement
Our long-term vision is a family of Gordon Foundation schools where as many students as possible, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, benefit from a Gordon’s education. An education recognised as amongst the finest in the world for the calibre of young people it develops and the difference they make to the lives of others.
Key Theme 1: Promoting Scholarship
Key Theme 2: Embracing Character Education
Key Theme 3: Site development and commitment to boarding and extra-curricular life
Key Theme 4: Synergy and development of staff
Key Theme 5: Wider involvement and partnerships
Please click below to view:
Strategic Development Plan Update 2017